As we return to in person scouting at the Mehraban Guiv Darb-e-Meher (MGDM), here is what you need to know:
- Dress for the weather. Remember we will be outdoors for the duration of the meeting
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to start time
- Scouter and Parent must complete the Self-Assessment/Screening Checklist & Health Screening in the morning prior coming to the MGDM and show screenshot/confirmation to the leader
- If you or the scouter have any of the COVID-19 symptoms please stay home
- Parents are not permitted to stay on site at the MGDM during class times
- Scouters, parents or guardians and youth must not attend the programs or other Scouting activities if they are sick (any illness—not just limited to COVID).
- Masks are mandatory for all indoor activities, for all participants
- Scouters are allowed to bring their own food and snacks as long as they are nut free
- Food/drink sharing is prohibited
- No self-serve buffet-style meals
If youth show symptoms during the meeting, we will call the emergency contact listed in their MyScouts account. Prior to participating in any Scouting activities, please confirm that this emergency information is up to date.
Scouts Canada has announced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that will apply to all eligible youth, adult members, participants, and staff effective November 1, 2021.
- As of September 15, 2021, Scouts Canada’s mandatory vaccine policy is published on Scouts.ca
- Early October: MyScouts.ca will be updated to include vaccine mandate/requirement.
All youth, volunteers, and staff will be able to update their vaccine status on MyScouts before engaging in in-person activities.
November 1: All members including youth (who meet vaccination eligibility requirements), Scouters, parents, staff and helpers who intend to participate in-person at Scouting activities must be fully vaccinated. MyScouts.ca must be updated to reflect this requirement.
Any individual who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or religious reasons will be able to request an exemption and will be accommodated (more information to follow on this process).
Those who remain unvaccinated will NOT be able to participate in In Person activities.