The province has entered Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen, and we are happy to share that by following the changes under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) for places of worship alongside the reopening guidelines the Mehraban Guiv Darb e Meher (MGDM) will be reopening for the upcoming Shahenshahi Farvardegan days (Aug 11th - 15th) with modified hours and some specific conditions. These conditions will continue ensuring all public health measures are followed including capacity limits, face coverings, physical distancing and environmental cleaning and disinfecting.
As we cautiously and gradually plan the upcoming Shahenshai Farvardegan days, participation in religious services during these days (Aug. 11th – 15th) will be limited. The MGDM will be open for visits by appointment and during the scheduled prayer times only with health & safety protocols to follow.
The MGDM revised hours of operations starting, from August 11th – 15th, 2021 are: 6 AM to 9 PM
All the following prayers will be performed and live streamed during the Farvardegan days:
- Three Satoom sessions (morning, afternoon and evening),
- Farokshi in the morning
- Evening Satoom and Hum Bundagi
All visits to the MGDM will be by appointment only and MUST be booked in advance, a minimum 24 hours prior to the day of the visit, by contacting Hoofrish Patel (EVP@zso.org) | (647) 313-9805 and receiving her confirmation. Please note if you do not have an appointment/confirmation your entry will be denied.
As you all are aware this has been hard for all communities including ZSO in terms of revenue generation, we request everyone to donate generously by visiting our website (zso.org/donate). Cash donations should be dropped off in the ZSO safety deposit box. Please do not drop off any cheques in the safety deposit box. If you wish to donate by cheque, please be sure to attach the completed donation form with your cheque made payable to 'Zoroastrian Society of Ontario'. Cheques made payable to 'ZSO' will be rejected and not processed.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your cooperation as we gradually and safely reopen, keeping the safety of our custodian and the community at large as the top priority.
Below are the COVID-19 Guidelines during the Farvardegan days as per the health and city requirements:
- Participation in religious services is limited and based on capacity guidelines.
- Visits to the MGDM are by appointment ONLY by contacting Hoofrish Patel (EVP@zso.org)
- Wearing a non-medical mask/face covering is mandatory
- Maintain a social distance of two meters/six feet
- Bring your own prayer book and head covering
- Sukhar must be purchased at ZSO only and CANNOT be brought from home or outside
- Social gatherings, including those that occur before or after a prayer service remains suspended
- Consumption of food and drink remains suspended, this includes donation of ravo, sev, malido, etc.
- Avoid opportunities for the virus to spread through touch, either directly or indirectly through surfaces and objects, including objects that may be used in rituals or ceremonies.
- No consumption of chasni by individuals
Disclaimers and resources:
- “All visits to the MGDM are voluntary and at the visitor’s own discretion. Visitors must comply with applicable guidelines including limits on numbers, wearing of masks and physical distancing. All visitors are responsible for their own health & safety as well as respecting the health & safety of those around them.”
- "Visitors must self-screen with the ZSO volunteer present when entering the MGDM at each visit. The volunteer will record the date, their name and contact information (phone and/or email) and that will only be used for contact tracing for COVID-19 purposes and will only be kept on file for 30 days.”
- Click here for more details on reopening of Faith Based Organizations in the City of Toronto